Friday, February 15, 2008

It's a boy!!!

It's official, Sprout is a boy!!! I must admit, this came as some surprise since both Michael and I had convinced ourselves Sprout was a girl. Likely, this is the first of many surprises this baby has in store for us. He is a healthy baby boy. Everything that could be checked, measured, or examined turned out to be completely normal. He has a good, strong heartbeat, swims like a fish, and has one heck of a kickboxing move. I am thinking this kid will be a triathlete.
I did not get to see the screen of course, but Michael and the technician did an excellent job of telling me what they saw. Their descriptions, coupled with the placement of the ultrasound thingy and the baby's movements told me all I needed to know about what my little boy was up to. Turns out, he is awfully busy in there.
Topping off the perfect day were the beautiful Valentine's Day flowers I got from Michael-- two bouquets, one big bouquet of Stargazer lilies (my favorites) in honor of V-Day, and a small bouquet of baby roses and baby's breath in honor of our first look at our son. We had lunch at a local Greek restaurant, and the day was just wonderful. Here's to a lifetime of wonderful days.

2 comments:

Molly said...

A boy!!!!

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive