Monday, November 12, 2007

The Body and the Blood

In deference to my pregnancy, I have given up coffee in favor of Saltines. As soon as I got to work this morning, I opened up some crackers and a bottle of grape juice, and it occurred to me: if I was still a Baptist, this would be Communion. Since I'm not a Baptist any longer though, it's just grape juice and Saltines.
Unrelatedly, quite possibly some or all of this post is in all caps. My apologies, and be assured I am not screaming at you. One of the perils of being blind is that you never can be sure until it's too late that you've hit that pesky all caps key. Another peril of being blind is that it takes both hands to shave your legs. Having years of experience at this blind, two-handed shaving thing, I am sometimes a bit less cautious than I should be seeing as how there's a razorblade involved, and last night, I sliced off about half of my middle fingernail on my left hand. Youch! So now I've got two big Band-Aids on that finger which make it difficult to type and make me look like some obscene E.T. without the heart light.
Here's hoping your Monday is off to a better start than mine.

1 comment:

Molly said...

No unnecessary caps, although you know I think that's hilarious. Sorry to hear about your fingernail also, but rest assured that I do that occasionally too, and I am fully sighted.

I'm at home with Max today--daycare emergency. Email me at my aol account if you want.

Blog Archive