Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: The Soundtrack of My Life

Yarf on the cheezy title, I know. Molly is doing her Thursday Thirteen on what's playing on her Ipod. I don't have an Ipod, because I'm just not cool that way. I have a handy dandy gadget called a Book Courier, which is designed for blind people, and can play MP3s, Audible.com books, and has its own internal voice so it can read text files, which-- let me just tell you-- is cooler than the other side of the pillow. Last week, Amazon.com launched its own digital download site. The list that follows are the songs that I either have downloaded or have put on my list to download in the near future, in addition to songs that I've just been listening to or that have been going through my head.

1. Anything by Patsy Cline-- My current WIP is about a country music singer, and Patsy is the gold standard. If heartache had a voice, it would be hers.
2. Songs of Mass Destruction, Annie Lennox's newest effort
3. Magic, by Bruce Springsteen-- because I can never get enough of the Boss. Dancing in the Dark really should be my anthem.
4. Maggie MacInnes-- She's a Scottish artist with a beautifully haunting voice.
5. "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones
6. "Restless" by Alison Krauss and Union Station
7. "Take me out to the Ballgame"-- Because, as I have mentioned at least twice already-- the Cubs are in the play-offs!
8. "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
9. "Nashville" by the Indigo girls
10. "Wreck of the Day" by Anna Nilak
11. "Hard Luck woman"-- the Garth Brooks version because yes, I admit it, I do love the Garth man.
12. "Waitress" by Tori Amos-- because I really do believe in peace, bitch!
13. "Hedwig's Theme" from the Harry Potter movies, because Michael made it my ringtone.

No comments:

Blog Archive