Monday, October 8, 2007

Knitting Nesting

We went to our local yarn store this weekend, and I had to fight the urge to purchase skein after skein of pastel colored yarn, perfect for baby things. I must say, I did prevail. I only got one pattern book of baby blankets, most of which are well beyond my skill level. Michael though, he succumbed to the temptation and bought yarn and a pattern for a little baby outfit. It's mostly a baby snuggly sack, which will just be adorable. The yarn is yellow Plymouth Encore, which is a very practical wool acrylic blend that we have each done socks in. Michael is working some up now for a hooded sweater for himself.
Here's the thing about me and knitting. I am slooooow. I still have to do the sleeves on a sweater that I started working on in May. The yarn is made of bamboo and wool, and it is wonderful to work with, otherwise I'd probably have moved onto something else by now. I love knitting, I really do. But once you've worked on a project for several months, the romance is sort of gone. Knowing this, I resisted falling in love with new, perfect-for-baby yarns, and precious little patterns. If autumn weather ever gets here, I'm sure my resolve will crumble and I'll find myself knitting up a baby afghan and sipping hot tea.

No comments:

Blog Archive