Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sibling Rivalry

The following is a discussion Michael and I had last night on the topic of sibling rivalry:

Michael (about his younger brother): “Nobody ever remembers the stuff he did to provoke me. Every time I’d finally had enough and threw a rock at him or something, that’s when the bus would come and there he’d be with blood dripping down his face. That’s the part everybody remembers.”
Me (sarcastically): “Who could blame you? I mean, you were provoked.”
Michael (in all seriousness): “It wasn’t that I was violent, I was just really accurate.”

This has got me thinking maybe just the one kid is enough.

1 comment:

Treen said...

Oh man, it's the truth too. My nieces and nephews will provoke each other endlessly, and then one will kick the other, and that one gets mad so they push the other one down and hit them. The next thing you know they screaming and trying to murder each other and bleeding. It's never their own fault and they are always completely right for what they did.

Blog Archive