Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Thirteen Things about Me

1. I always hit elevator buttons twice. Maybe it's a trust issue.
2. I love movie soundtracks and movie trailers but rarely ever watch movies.
3. I have a love/hate relationship with socks. I love big warm woolly socks in winter, but can't wait to free my toes in spring.
4. Before leaving the house, I always check to see that the toaster is unplugged, even if nobody used the toaster that day.
5. I cannot judge amounts. Michael has to pour our morning breakfast cereal because I usually pour enough for six people. And I don't just do this with the cereals I like. I even do it with Michael's crappy healthy cereal.
6. I love purses, the cheaper the better. The less they cost the more of them I can buy.
7. My husband has exactly seven letters in all three of his names-- first, middle, and last. Who else but me would have bothered to count?
8. I am addicted to Chap Stick.
9. In knitting, I knit extremely loose with circulars and extremely tight with double pointed needles. I have to buy circulars at least one size smaller than a pattern calls for and dpn's at least one size larger.
10. I drink at least a liter of water everyday.
11. I have never had a cavity.
12. I am mortally, horrifically afraid of grasshoppers. Shiver.
13. I am a chronic station flipper when it comes to the car radio, and we have XM satellite radio, so this can get pretty annoying.
So that's thirteen random, quirky things about me. If you'd like to play Thursday Thirteen, just leave me a link to your list in the comments.

3 comments:

lesteraffe said...

Regarding number 12: Me too! I have a great story about my undergraduate entomology class to tell you.

Molly said...

I didn't know the thing about you and the toaster. That's sorta weird.

Treen said...

Ditto to the movie thing (I usually just like to hear how it ends without sitting through it), the socks thing, and the grasshopper thing. It's just not natural that they can jump that high or far.

I was doing so good on the no cavity thing, and got my first and only one a few years back. I was indignant about it and was a very big baby throughout the whole process...needless to say, nobody felt any pity for me.

Blog Archive