Friday, May 16, 2008

Another Random Friday

I have very little in the way of interesting stuff to write about today, but Michael said he likes to read my blog while he's eating his lunch, so I'm feeling some pressure here to make my husband happy. He is after all, about 20% of my regular readership. Sweetie, be warned: Keep your expectations low.
Michael's 8-month-old niece had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance yesterday after she fell off the bed onto the hardwood floor. Thankfully, she is fine. A CT scan showed nothing out of the ordinary, but what a terrifying few hours. I know her mother is feeling a great deal of guilt, but seriously, this kind of thing could happen to anybody, and frequently does. I wake up at night in a cold sweat that I will do something that will end up harming my baby. Mostly I worry about this because I am blind, but I realize accidents happen to children of all kinds of parents. What I learned from this is to never put my baby on the bed. No doubt, that is the point at which Sprout will decide it's time to learn to roll over or crawl. I'm only setting my kid down in things that have safety straps or side rails.
The other night, between the time I got home and the time I went to bed, I ate a slice of Black Forest cake that my mother made me for Mother's Day, a double cheeseburger and fries from Sonic, and a pint of butter pecan ice cream. No kidding, I am now officially huge.
I have never seen an Indiana Jones movie. I think we might rent at least the first one this weekend. I won/t be seeing the new movie at the theater because I hate movie theaters (too cold and too loud), but a favorite author of mine, James Rollins, has been commissioned to write the novelization of the upcoming Indiana Jones movie. I generally think making a book out of a movie is stupid, but it kind of works for me. I'll get far more out of that than today's special effects-heavy blockbusters. And I think the book comes out next week, so I guess I need to figure out what this Indiana Jones business is about. Yes, I am an old person.
Tuesday is Kentucky's Presidential primary. For the first time in a long time, my state will actually have a say in who gets elected. I can't wait to vote!
This month marks the one year anniversary of this blog. As this post will attest, this blog is somewhat directionless. I've kicked around the idea of starting another blog, one that would have a narrower focus, but as I'm not sure what that focus would be, I'll probably just stick to spewing out disconnected thoughts here. I hope that's okay with my five readers. How does one increase one's blog readership anyway? And do I really even care? Yes, it's life's big questions that I'm pondering today folks.
Well, that's it for this Friday's edition of mind-numbing boredom. Join me back here next week when I explore the question: "Why do I have even five readers?"

No comments:

Blog Archive