Monday, August 6, 2007

More on epilogues

I finished the epilogue! Well, the first draft of it anyway, which of course means that I've really finished nothing because there is lots of revising and editing to do, but at least I have something that resembles the final product completely written down. I thought finishing it would feel ... bigger somehow. Like the heavens would part and I'd hear angels singing the hallelujah chorus, but alas, no. Only silence. The whole thing was kind of anticlimactic, truth be told. Rather than smoking a cigarette or having a drink, I watered the plants and cooked dinner. Still, there is a certain sense of accomplishment. Right up until I shutdown the laptop knowing that a file named "Epilogue" rested snuggly inside, I remained a little unsure of whether I could do it, whether I could really put an end to something that I had given so much too for so long. Maybe the Hallelujah angels are waiting for me to get a publishing contract. I'm sure that's it.

No comments:

Blog Archive