Friday, February 8, 2008

I am not making this up

My employer recently released our crisis procedures manual. Among other things, the manual outlines a list of questions one should ask in the event of a telephone bomb threat. No, I'm not joking.
Where is the bomb?
What does the bomb look like?
What kind of bomb is it?
When will the bomb go off?
How will the bomb be detonated?
Where are you?
Where do you live?
What is your name?
Right. Because naturally, the threatener is going to readily supply identifying information. And wouldn't it be prudent to get off the phone and call the authorities? Just, you know, a thought.

1 comment:

Molly said...

"Where do you live? What's your name?"

"I'm Tom Smith of 1945 Mockingbird La...I mean, none of your business, lady!" Like after answering the other questions, you could just slip those last three little details in there, since he's in an answering kinda mode.

Hilarious.

Blog Archive