Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thirteen Things I want from Santa

1. New carpet and paint for my house-- This is on our to-do list, but Michael and I both are dreading it. He's dreading it more than me. Blind people are not often asked to paint, so the bulk of that job will fall to Michael. As for the new carpet, I know that somehow, we will get screwed on this and end up paying too much money for something we'll end up not being very happy with. How I wish Santa would come, and we would wake up on Christmas morning to find beautiful new flooring and freshly painted walls, done in the perfect color and with no fumes so I wouldn't have to spend a few nights at my parents house.
2. A publishing contract-- If Santa could get me a lucrative publishing contract for my manuscript, then I wouldn't have to write that damned query letter and synopsis. More to the point, I could stop feeling guilty about procrastinating so vigorously on the query letter and synopsis.
3. A fully decorated nursery-- That way, I wouldn't have to research safe, durable cribs, or shop for any of the thousands of things that babies require, but that I have absolutely no clue about. Santa, after all, would know which cribs had been recalled by the Consumer Products Safety Commission. Santa would never accidentally buy a crib that was covered in lead paint.
4. A backbone for my boss-- I want to share Santa's bounty with others. Yeah, that's it.
5. The ability to knit faster-- There is so much great yarn in the world, and I want it all, but it won't do me any good if I don't learn to knit faster.
6. An intelligent President in 2008
7. An end to my nausea.
8. Whole grain pasta that actually tastes good.
9. An end to reality television
10. The ability to bake cakes-- I can bake cookies and candy that turn out perfect, but I have burned every cake I have ever attempted.
11. A way to light a candle without burning myself.
12. The time to make Christmas stockings for my family.
13. Another wonderful series like Harry Potter

1 comment:

Molly said...

Re: Number 11. Light it in the middle, like you used to do with your cigarettes.

Blog Archive